In a view to support the international trade The Chamber Academy, of the Ceylon Chamber of Commerce has introduced a program specially designed to provide a theoretical and practical knowledge for those involved in the subject area.
The ten module course will be carried out by carefully selected resource persons who will take the students through the learning, understanding and practice process through number of essential topics. Lessons will contain case studies and exercises to engage the student in the learning and also the problem solving process under the guidance of anexperienced resource panel. The overall learning outcomes of the course will provide a practical know how which can be directly applied to the business.
The areas covered in this course will include Introduction to International Trade & Practical Aspects including end to end supply chain, Exploring and entrance to International Markets, Exporter’s Tool Box, Managing Border Agencies, Business Communication Negotiations and Contracts, Procurement and Lead times, Essential Support Services in International Trade, Financing International Transactions and Risk Management, Claims Prevention and Insurance Claims Handling procedures and Managing Business Challenges, Dealing with New Normal, Diversification and opportunities.
The eminent lecture panel includes
- Mr. M. N. Prabath – FICS, UK, MBA (PIM-USJ), Former Safmarine Country Head (Maersk Group), Visiting Lecturer Colombo University, Ocean University, Institute of Chartered Shipbrokers,
- Mr. Dinesh De Silva Trade Facilitation Expert, Former Chairman of Shippers Council, Export Management Coach – ITC, Mr. Nalaka Ratnayake B Sc (Peradeniya), MBA (PIM-USJ) Export Management Coach (ITC), DGM at Hayleys exports shipping department. Export Management Coach – ITC,
- Mr. Sunil Premaratne (Master of International Customs Law and Administration) – Former Director of SL Customs Cargo Clearence, Mr. Tissa Dissanayake MBA (PIM-USJ) – Former International Marketing Manager at United Tobacco, Sales Manager – Maersk Line. Business Negotiation Specialist and Trainer,
- Mr. Sanath Dassanayake – MBA (PIM-USJ) – Former Procurement Manager at Sunshine Teas, currently working as the Head of Supply Chain at Hemas Hospitals Group. Lean Management and Supply Chain specialist.
- Mr. Suminda Hettiarachchi (MBA (PIM-USJ), Head of Air Freight at DHL Global Forwarding, IATA Trainer, Export Management Coach – ITC and
- Mr. Jayantha De Silva – Former Insurance Advisor, Sri Lanka Insurance corporation and Co-operative Insurance PLC. Trade and Transport insurance Specialist, Lecturer for SLFFA run the FIATA Diploma.
The program will commence on 27th November 2021, and registrations are now open for the first intake. Further information can be obtained through the Chamber Academy on0115588801, 0115588881 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for more details. The course will be conducted via MS Teams.